Will my child get a home visit from their teacher?
Again, in our normal transition we will do our best to try and visit every child at their home. We find these visits to be one of the most valuable parts of our school transition as the child gets to meet the teacher in their own home where they feel safe.
However, with the current Covid 19 home visit will not be able to take place.
What school uniform do I need?
At Frederick Bird our school uniform is as follows:
- Blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Plain white polo shirt
- Plain grey or plain black school trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore
- Black school shoes
Other than the sweatshirts or cardigans which need the school logo, you do not have to buy the uniform from any set shop. You can buy polo shirts, trousers, dresses and skirts from the supermarkets.
Will my child need a P.E. Kit?
No your child will not need a PE Kit. Your child takes part in physical activities throughout the day both outside and inside the classroom. However, your child will not take part in a set PE lesson and this will start when they go to Reception.
Do I need to provide my child with a snack?
The school is currently supplied with a range of fruit every day. Your child can also choose between milk and water. We ask you do not give your child a snack for school.
When will I know which session my child will attend?
You will receive a letter this term to find out if your child is in the am or pm session.
When will I meet the teacher?
You will receive a letter this term with a time and date to come to school and meet the staff and fill in the paperwork. This will be within the first couple of weeks of term. Please bring the following with you:
- Your child’s birth certificate or passport
- Contact details of parents/carers including an email address
- Contact details for an emergency contact – this could be a friend or a relative
- Details of your child’s doctor
- Any information relating to medical or special educational needs that your child may have